Francine Caitlyn Chye
a.k.a. Hurricaine Fran
a.k.a. Fran the PCD
a.k.a. the happy bunny :D
<3
040889 (August baby!)
Crescent, ACJC, hocker
xoxo
If it's meant to be, it'll be(:
"And sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together"
don't think, just run
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
An update post as promised, for those who religiously read my blog
*cough AMANcoughBLOGSTALKERcough*(:
Tuesday:
Leaving was bittersweet. Unspoken promises of things to come lingered in the air as I stepped into the shuttle bus. As images of buildings, autumn trees, winter and the ocean whizzed past, I felt pangs of longing and loss. Amazing what 3 and a half months, or days, can do.
As the plane came to a halt, thoughts of Ben jokingly telling me to kiss the ground or at least hug the pilot were the first in my mind. Putting the drama aside, I found myself rushing from the plane to baggage collection. The wait for my bags seeming like eternity with my family standing the closest they've been to me in 3 and a half months, just past the Thin Glass of Seperation, the 3 of us sisters waving like idiots, hands matching hands on the glass, grins of anticipation. Then running out, trolley, bags and all, stopping dropping everything, running, the hugs and then just tears of overwhelming joy. Home.
Mengs and Kais' failed attempt at surprising me due to 1) my plane landing earlier than scheduled and 2) them being late. As usual. It was the best feeling in the world to know that nothing had changed, haha.
*Cross Reference to: Meng's blog and Kai's blog
Seafood at East Coast Seafood Centre with the family and Bimbos 1 & 3 (:
The well-needed Sister Talk.
Wednesday:
S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G (pt1 with the sisters), an afternoon, 5 tops, a skirt, a dress, a potential ball dress and < $150 poorer, BIIIIIGGG SMILLLESSSS. Walking into the Mango sale was IT. The hordes upon hordes of Giasu Singaporeans, us included, just screamed "Honey, you're Home!"
Din Tai Fung minus Li, a good catch up talk with the parents about what was on my mind.
Thursday:
Started off badly, hurt and tears, going to AC to meet Mich to talk. First class seats at the bleachers looking out onto the field and cannot-make-it frisbee players, good conversation, a hug and a shoulder from my best friend.
Met Mengs and Kais at HollandV to town to look at the dress, to find out if it was The Dress.
It was The Dress. Appalling service added on to the endless stream of conversation, also included: Silicon things, nipple shields, 3 for $15.90 Pierre Cardin underwear, hot shorts to wear under short skirts. Lunch was a delightful affair, New York New York being The Place To Be to meet people. NYNY brings people together! 106 that doesn't go to Bukit Timah after all was a "OMG THAT'S SO US" finish. (I've missed you two bimbos :D)
*CR: Meng's blog
Dinner with Nick at Our TeoChew Porridge Place. Familiar place, familiar food, familiar company. I was Home, I was happy. I think we both were. (I've missed you Nick Wong)
Friday:
Bummed around at home with Li, altered my L sized dress (The Dress) into an S, yummy yummy Oyster noodles from Bukit Timah Plaza, grocery shopping.
Nice and Chillaxed.
Saturday:
Touchrug at AC with Mengs Nick Malone (who was the first to arrive!) and some J4s. Insanely fun, funny and just really good exercise. Meng's funny falling down and Bimbo moments, coupled with Nick and Malone's funny attempts at being funny (but they weren't, really) and my failed attempts at telling jokes (THE JOKES WERE REALLY FUNNY I JUST WISHED I REMEMBERED THEM) Felt like Home to me, again and again and again(:
Changed plans and haphazard arrangements, eventually led to Nick and I settling on Our Awesome Jap Restaurant in PS with the Most Awesome Set Meals with Absolutely Everything. Then rushing down to Lido to meet Mengs Kais Malone and Glenn for Don't Mess with the Zohan (indeed.) Embarrassing moments included me trying to hug Kais from across two barriers and a not-so-amused Indian security guard - a HTBT (had to be there) kinda moment :D The movie itself was DFF (Damn Fucking Funny) and wedged between Nick and Glenn proved to be highly entertaining with BOTH of them rolling back and forth almost falling out of their seats.
Our spontaneous exciting day ended well with Macs for Mengs and Kais and a strawberry sundae for Nick (and I, haha) I demonstrated my self restraint, sitting in front of Bimbos 1 & 3 and seeing them stuff their faces and NOT being tempted into stuffing mine. I was extremely proud of myself :D
Cabbing back, just like the old times.

The Toilet Shot

The Arcade Gang (parts of it)

1

2

3... SURPRISE, MENGS! :D

for always
*CR: Meng's Blog
Sunday:
Church, shopping for cold meats, salad and Simply Bread bread and sticky buns at Cold Storage Gourmet, then having our lazy Sunday lunch sitting round the dining table and just being... A Family. We hadn't done that in a long while.
Get Smart in the afternoon was hilarious, not the crude rude and DFF humour of Zohan, but crack up nonetheless. I loved sitting there and hearing my dad's embarrassingly loud laughter floating across the 2 seats that seperated us. I suppose I get my laugh from him, haha. Home cooked meals are always lovely.
Monday:
A decent hair cut, then pigging out (YONG TAO FU) , reminiscing and swimming with Mengs (and Sarah who came for the swim) at AC reminded me of our lazy short Wednesdays back in J2. Without Kais our anti-jinx, the drizzles threatened heavier rain and yet another failed attempt at exercise, but maybe Sarah worked just fine too, cos the skies soon cleared up.
Then it was home to chill and later that night, AC Hocks '06 gathering of sorts - Dawn Xue MissTan Aman Monzy Luds Bev and I. No Signboard Seafood, THREE crabs (white pepper, chilli and butter), my sambal kangkong promised by Xue, another vege and fried rice. DFO (Damn Fucking Orgasmic). Luds and I over-indulged again later on at Ben&Jerry's, then finally settling for a nice cafe type dessert place, dimly-lit and romantic and chillaxed, with couches to die for. Fondly remembering old times and speaking of the new, just as old friends do.
Cabbing home with Luds and Bev allowed time for a one-on-one catch up with sweetheart Bevvy.
Tuesday:
Met Xiang Yuan outside her place at 1115am, then ventured off to HollandV for our long over-due catch-up. Thai Express (horray!) cravings lead to Tom Yam Kung, Phat Thai Talay and Green Curry and rice, and Mango and Glutinous Rice with Coconut Milk dessert. DFO DFO DFO DFO DFO DFO DFO. As always, we were back to being bestfriends in Primary school, talking non-stop through the meal, with occasional pauses to breathe while the other talked, squeals of delight, knowing nods, glances and grins, genuine happiness radiating out of every corner of both our faces. Dreamers, fairy-tales, excitement, surprises, smells, heart-stopping breath-taking moments. We talked of it all and more. A shared ice cream at Cold Rock and nearly 6 hours of chatter later we parted at our doorsteps. I'm still grinning.


To failed attempts at food photography...

and friendships that will last a lifetime.
And then there were the random moments before I left:

Best


The Dinner

The Night Before Econs/Sam the Butterfly in her Cocoon

The Proposal, hahaha hahaha
I must say though that the highlight of being back home has been, ironically, the filled Empty Spaces. Good conversation, missing, anticipation. I'll be back soon.
Post/Script:
(an Empty Space)
ex-oh, ex-oh
9:20 PM